1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
I need to push myself to do many, if not all, of these things.
Bluerock Design | http://bluerockdesignco.com
"Island Grown Schools (IGS) is a Martha’s Vineyard based non-profit and the Island’s farm-to-school program. IGS brings garden-based learning, healthy, locally grown food, and hands-on farm experiences to children in the community. Our goal was to create a memorable brand that supports IGS in school gardens, classrooms, on farm field trips, and in school cafeterias. This project assists IGS’s mission to help children deepen their understanding of the land, sea, and the way food connects people to one another."
Bluerock Design is a Boston area graphic design studio with a focus on branding. We believe the power of design can improve the world. At Bluerock Design, we create value by using that power to build connections between clients and their audiences. We take the time to understand your business’ culture, so you can focus on the business. Good design is good business.
Just plain awesome.
The pilot of the original #StarTours ride. It breaks my heart to see him like this, every time.
I’m crazy excited for The Muppets…Again!
Holla holla hollaaa
“Hey. Logan. Hey. Hey. Hey, Logan. Hey. Logan. Logan. Loooogaaaaaaan. Hey. Hey. Hey hey, Logan. Logan? Logan! Hey! Hey. Hey, it’s Scott. Hey.”
Cyclops just loves annoying Wolverine.
Gemini Springs // 01.2013
Trees are a prime example of the fact that even with deep roots, when the Earth knocks you down, it’s possible to continue to grow.
Elusive giant squid caught on video for the first time - NHK showed footage of the silver-coloured creature, which had huge black eyes, as it swam against the current, holding a bait squid in its arms against the backdrop of dark oceanic depths.
The creature was about three metres long, but “estimated to be as long as eight metres if its two long arms had not been chopped off”, Kubodera told AFP.
Page 1 of 7